HMs 90th birthday - resources
Here is a summary of ideas and resources available to help all of us celebrate.
- The Servant Queen - and the King she serves is a beautifully illustrated short book, which uses the Queen’s own words to draw out the central role of her trust in Jesus Christ, offering us all an inspiring, multi-faceted insight into a life well-lived for others. The book will have a royal endorsement and will be available in early February to buy in bulk at £1 a copy. It is the joint work of HOPE UK with the Bible Society and the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity.
- HOPE UK is providing resources for churches to put on street parties among their communities For the Queen’s 90th it will be Sunday 12th June. [More detail below.]
- The Church of England has circulated dioceses encouraging us to use all our churches for a festival weekend over 10-12 June. Bishop Robert encourages us all to see what we can do. Our national service (LINK above) is on the Sunday afternoon, 12 June, in the Cathedral.
- The Church of England has published news of ChurchCare’s online hub for sharing ideas, resources and announcements for churches and cathedrals to celebrate with their communities.
Just like the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012, HOPE UK will be supporting churches with resources and ideas to mark this special milestone in the Queen’s life, highlighting her Christian faith and bringing communities together. These include:
- posters, invitations, bunting from HOPE’s partner CPO
- a booklet to give away to children, published with Scripture Union
- school assembly ideas and lesson plans
- church service ideas and liturgy
- a street-party planner, from Fusion Youth & Community
This is a great opportunity for churches to bring communities together. Let’s start planning our local events now. Work with other churches and use this opportunity to start conversations about what it means to be a follower of Jesus.