The Association for Church Editors is launching its next Awards to celebrate and recognise the work of church magazine editors and their editorial teams.
Who will be eligible to take part?
- The 2023 Awards are for any size paper magazine with just black and white printing.
- Magazines with coloured paper covers (with black and white printing) are acceptable.
- The Awards are open to all Church Magazines produced by Christian denominations that believe in the Holy Trinity. (i.e. not secular/community magazines).
Types of Awards
- The Gold, Silver and Bronze Award winners will receive an inscribed trophy to keep, together with a Certificate of Excellence.
- The Gold Award winner will receive the John King Trophy, to be held for one year.
- The winning entry in each of the following categories will receive a Certificate of Excellence:
- Clarity of the Christian message
- Cover design
- Overall layout & structure
- Use of graphics
- Intended readership appeal
- Entries not selected for one of the main Awards but considered to be of a sufficiently high standard will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
How to submit your entries:
- Please send two copies each of two different issues of your magazine produced during the last twelve months.
- The closing date for entries is Monday 3rd April 2023.
- The review process will be based on printed magazines and not electronic/online versions.
- Please send your four magazines plus the entry form to:
Nigel Smeeth, Secretary ACE, 15 Austen Heights, Centenary Plaza, Southampton SO19 9UE
2023 Entry Form – PDF format
2023 Entry Form – Word format
2023 Awards details (PDF)
To download the entry form and awards detail documents, either just click them or right-click and select “Save link as”, or similar for your browser, then chose a location to save the files.
Any further questions?
Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll aim to reply within 24-48 hours, but please note that as ACE is volunteer run, replies may take a little longer.