On Sunday 22 October, Bishop Peter marked his final Sunday in the Diocese by visiting St. George’s Church in Douglas. During the service, he had the privilege of awarding the Bishop Wilson Medal to Ernie de Legh Runciman in recognition of his exceptional Christian service to the parish, the Diocese, and beyond.
Ernie, who serves as one of the Churchwardens at St George’s, was nominated for his unwavering dedication and commitment to the parish, his valuable contributions to the DAC (Diocesan Advisory Committee) both locally and in the Diocese of Liverpool. Additionally, he received commendation for his efforts within the bell ringing community and his role as the Secretary to the Central Council of Church Bell Ringers.
Bishop Thomas Wilson, who served as the Bishop of Sodor and Man from 1697 to 1755, made a profound impact on the life of the diocese. The Bishop Wilson Medal serves as a symbol of appreciation for remarkable Christian service within the parish and the broader diocese.