Cathedral Isle of Man invites you to join with thousands across Europe and experience a Cathedral at Night on Saturday 14 May.
We would like those of all ages to immerse themselves in the culture and spirituality of our beautiful building and enjoy a taste of cathedral life for free.
Here on the Island we are starting early so that children can join in activities and enjoy a baked potato from 16.30. Our timetable is:
- Activities for children from 16:30
- Baked potatoes with fillings (donations welcome)
- Tea, coffee and squash
- An opportunity to explore the building and gardens, and to reflect in quietness
- Short Service of Light with the Choristers at 17:30
- Stardust – a talk by Howard Parkin at 19:30
- Dynamic music and light performances by Cameron Skidmore at: 19:00, 20:45 and 21:45
- Poetry on the theme of light and darkness, chaos and peace – bring your own poem, or one you appreciate (21:15). Both the Bard and the Youth Bard are preparing poems for us.
- The evening ends with a short candle-lit service at 22:00
- Doors close at 22:30
If you would like to know what is happening at other cathedrals, please follow this link: