The General Synod of The Church of England meets again from February 6-9, this time in London.
Full details of the busy agendas are available via the links below; plus ways in which you can engage with the proceedings including livestream links and socials …
- General Synod Agenda, Timetables and Papers
- Latest news updates from the General Synod issued by The Church of England national communications team will be posted here
- General Synod live streaming of proceedings (only when in session)
- Follow the General Synod Twitter account and use #Synod and the Twitter handles @cofelancs and @churchofengland for retweets
- Download the General Synod app
General Synod is the national assembly of the Church of England and passes legislation known as measures and canons which have legal force.
Synod considers and approves legislation affecting the whole of The Church of England, formulates new forms of worship, debates matters of national and international importance, and approves the annual budget for the work of the Church at national level.
In a regular year, General Synod meets in February in London (as pictured top) and in July in York. Occasionally it meets in November, also in London.