Diocese of Sodor and Man
The Parish of Arbory and Castletown
The Bishop of Sodor and Man seeks to appoint a new Priest in Charge to the Parish of St Columba in Arbory, and St Mary’s on the Harbour in Castletown, in the Isle of Man. We are looking for someone who will lead and build on existing links and local connections to help us grow and thrive. The Parish would welcome a person of prayer and discernment, who is also able to demonstrate:
- Leadership skills that are grounded in a firm understanding of the ministry of all believers, thereby nurturing others who seek to serve – and allowing them to develop a sense of their own identity in Christ.
- Experience of leading in the gifts and ministry of the Holy Spirit in all aspects of life, including corporately during services.
- A willingness to explore fresh aspects of mission in both communities, with a vision for church growth.
- A collaborative approach to ministry, which empowers others to lead and support church ministries and outreach.
- An ability to reveal the Gospel in a credible and engaging manner, to people of varying backgrounds and traditions.
- A naturally pastoral disposition, showing an ability to engage both with Christian and non-Christian people.
In return we can offer
- a congregation who are looking forward to welcoming a new vicar;
- mutual friendship, support and a helping hand in settling into our parish life;
- support and guidance in all aspects of community life;
- Stipend above the RSB, travel allowance and 42 normal working days annual leave to facilitate and support travel on and off the island.
We are ready to work with our new vicar in using the commitment and variety of skills in our congregation to be partners in God’s work and to continue the work of ‘Proclaiming the love of Jesus in our community’.
For an informal discussion, please contact the Archdeacon of Man, the Venerable Irene Cowell firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01624 675430 and to obtain a copy of the Application Pack please contact Colin Kelsey email@example.com
A copy of the Parish Profile can be found on the Diocesan website: www.sodorandman.im
Closing date: 27 March 2023
Interviews: 18/19 April 2023 (for which we will pay travel and accommodation costs)
Enhanced DBS disclosure required, and a driving licence is essential.